Yakult launches its first aseptic food and beverage products on the Korean market, in Ecolean® Air Aseptic lightweight packages. The first two launches match health-oriented products with convenient and unique packaging, elevating the Korean consumers’ experiences.
“The Ecolean package is the perfect fit for us, since it is lightweight and flexible, yet extremely durable. We have already seen a huge interest from consumers,” says Ms. Jeonghyeon Hong, Marketing Manager, Yakult Korea.
Yakult is a well-established global food and beverage manufacturer, and the first beverage on the Korean market for ambient distribution, marks a move into the aseptic segment with new opportunities to follow. Hyfresh ready-to-drink tea launched in Ecolean® Air Aseptic 125ml package, is developed with Pyunkang medical institute and Hyfresh ready-to-drink vegetable soup, in Ecolean® Air Aseptic 200ml, is a nutritious vegetable-based creamy soup.
“This also marks Ecolean’s first launch in Korea and we are looking forward to showing consumers the benefits of our lightweight packages - being microwaveable and easy to use. Brand owners using lightweight packaging are not only reporting cost savings but also an improved environmental profile and brand image among other advantages”, says Johnny Sajland, Global Sales Director, Ecolean. “This will be a great match, with both the Yakult products’ added-value offering and with consumer’s everyday lives.”
Yakult has high standards when partnering with packaging suppliers
“We are developing food and beverage products responding to health concerns in typical modern lives. Marking the launch of our health-oriented ready-to-drink tea, we are addressing the need for self-care. The same can be said about our launch of Hyfresh vegetable soup, bringing an end to health concerns derived from vegetable-poor diets,” says Ms. Jeonghyeon Hong, Marketing Manager, Yakult Korea. “This is so important to us, to be able to make a difference in the consumer’s everyday life and we feel that with Ecolean that promise is strengthened.”
- Yakult’s products in Ecolean packages will be offered through the widely popular concept of Yakult sales ladies, offering cool drinks door-to-door and on the streets, no matter the consumer’s destination. There are over 12,000 Yakult sales ladies in Korea and 80,000 worldwide. The products will also be available through e-commerce.
- Filling is performed by Vilac, a Yakult-owned company with several brands within the food and beverage segment, as a co-packer.
- Both products are available since November 2019, and will be followed by additional launches during 2020.
- Yakult Hyfresh RTD tea in Ecolean® Air Aseptic 125ml
- Yakult Hyfresh RTD soup promotional picture
- Yakult Hyfresh RTD tea promotional picture
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Hanna Jeppsson, Communications Manager,
+46 727 24 35 92, firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnny Sajland, Global Sales Director,
+81 80 3152 4077, email@example.com